Hi there. I'm a Canadian science and health researcher, analyst, and communicator. Put another way, Iím good at learning about and explaining science and health topics.
My educational background is in public health and the environmental and life sciences. Iíve worked in academia, government, and the private sector, in which time Iíve led and assisted with projects in field, wet laboratory, and office settings. Iím all about attention to detail, being punctual, and doing my homework.
Exploring the living world and sharing my findings in writing is one of my passions. I also enjoy reading speculative fiction, taking photos of mushrooms, and eating (and attempting to make) good food. I was born and raised in a smallish town north of Toronto, but currently reside in Hamilton. I created this website from scratch.
- Writing and editing manuscripts, reports, abstracts, and blog posts
- Searching for, evaluating, and synthesizing scientific literature
- Cleaning, organizing, analyzing, and plotting data with R and Excel
- Probabilistic modeling and risk analysis with @RISK
- Planning and coordinating interdisciplinary research projects
- Creating presentations, posters, and figures with PowerPoint, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Lecturing, tutoring, and orienting
- Pipetting, culturing bacteria, and running PCRs and gels
- PhD, Environmental Chemistry and Microbiology, McMaster University, 2015
- MPH, Occupational and Environmental Health, University of Toronto, 2009
- HBSc, Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Toronto, 2007